Grand Lake, named after its backdrop, is the largest natural lake in Colorado, just 2.5 hours away from Denver International Airport. In the Fall, it offers a breathtaking view of the waters and the colorful foliage of national forest on three sides. The Lake is perched at an elevation of 8,369′ in the western edge of the Rocky Mountains, and known as the “Western Gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park”. In winter, it transforms into a Snowmobiling Capital of Colorado.
Things to do in Grand Lake CO
Whatever the season is and no matter what you are looking for, you will find a lot of things to do in this unspoiled place, all within 20 miles from the seat.
1. Water activities and outdoor recreation – fishing, boating, swimming.
2. Enjoy the charm of cultural sights, and splurge wisely shopping and dining.
3. Stay in rustic accommodations, historic lodges and cabins that offer refreshing views of the lake at the foot of the mountains.
4. Grand Lake winter activities – Snowmobiling, snow shoeing.
5. Walk the short hike to Adam’s Falls, and much more for the adventurous!